Saturday 10 December 2011

Fun and Games

No, not that sort - chance would be a fine .... etc. etc.

No, but various other developments have been afoot - I have had communication from my friend Nas from the Baggini article. He is now literally my friend - on Facebook! and I have to say that I've learned a few things (mainly about Algeria) through a recent discussion we've had, prompted by this:

http://www.awjp.org/

I've somewhat revised my opinion of Nasredinne having discovered that he's studying medicine - how middle class of me!

But I wonder how virtual contact with the excesses of Western Society will influence his opinion .... Did he look me up in the hope of converting me to the path of righteousness? I doubt it - he probably thinks I'm a lost cause in that respect. Is it just the natural curiosity of a 21 year old? Presumably opinion is fairly one sided  in his locale - but then again I could be completely wrong. It will be interesting to hear at first hand about such a different life experience and viewpoint.

Closer to home my car has gone off to be fixed (I hope!) and finally someone has come and taken away the fence - after repeated calls to the wonderful Morgan Associates advising them of the fact that it was causing a public liability...

Lets hope the replacement will installed as promised Monday or Tuesday next week as I'm not thrilled to be opening my backyard to the general public. Not free of charge anyway :)

I've offered to help out at Room13 and am going to slip in the suggestion of exhibiting  some time in the new year - Now to get some work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment